|Dimensions||0.0 × 0.0 × 30.0 cm|
“GWR” Signal Box Lamp with Arched Handle, a hinged glass door, burner and reflector, No.21574, 31cm high, for protection at Newport Train Station. These lamps were used in the Mail Coaches to carry out their transport routes and later they were used in rail transport.
The Great Western Railway (also known by the acronym GWR) was a British railway company that linked London with the southwest and west of England, as well as Wales. The main line ran from London to Bristol. Founded in 1833, it received its final endorsement by an act of Parliament in 1835 and made its first voyage in 1838. It was organized by engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Great Western trains included long-distance express services such as the Flying Dutchman, the Cornish Riviera Express, and the Cheltenham Spa Express. It also operated numerous suburban and rural services, some covered by steam powered rail cars or car trains. The company pioneered the use of larger and cheaper freight wagons than usual in Great Britain. It owned a network of bus routes, was part of Railway Air Services, and owned ships, docks, and hotels. The emblem of the Great Western Railway was formed by the coats of arms of the cities of London and Bristol located side by side. The “Great Western Railway: Paddington – Bristol” was temporarily, between 1996 and 2012, one of the goods on the United Kingdom Tentative List.
804,65€ VAT included
1 in stock