|Dimensions||47.0 × 33.5 × 16.5 cm|
Cutlery box for 12 people in noble wood with metal lock and drawer handle. Box and cutlery signed by “WALKER & HALL, SHEFFIELD”. It consists of steel knives with ivorine hilt, and silver plated forks and spoons. It contains punching for identification on the back. On the top cover there is a metal inlay with reference to a wedding gift: “Presented to Miss E.M. Hodgins on the occasion of her MARRIAGE to Mr. W. SCULLIER. Upon her resignation as general secretary of THE LIVERPOOL C.H.A. CLUB. And as a token of esteem and appreciation by the members. 8 th April 1933”. Contains a key that opens and closes perfectly. The origin of Walker & Hall started in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker dedicating himself to electroplating. In 1853 Henry Hall joined the business and the company became Walker & Hall. The factory was on Howard Street, Sheffield and the showroom was opened at 45 Holborn Viaduct, London; expanding in the following years throughout the world. In 1920 it became a limited liability company (ltd), and in 1963 they merged with British Silverware Ltd.
1.094,20€ VAT included
1 in stock