Showing the single result
Cutlery box for 12 people in silver signed by Walker and Hall in Sheffield 1915.
Cutlery box for 12 people in noble wood with metal lock and drawer handle. Box and cutlery signed by “WALKER & HALL, OUTLERS & SILVERSMITHS, SHEFFIELD”. It consists of steel knives with ivorine hilt, and silver plated forks and spoons. It contains punching for identification on the back in which we can find: EP “BAÑO DE PLATA”, A “HIGH QUALITY”, W & H “WALKER & HALL”, S “SHEFFIELD”, W “1914” (year of manufacture) and the flag with W&H corresponding to the manufacturer’s shield. On the top cover there is a metal inlay with reference to a wedding gift: “Presented to Miss J.H. Faulds & Mr. C.S. Adamson. on the occasion of their MARRIAGE by the staff at SWAN HUNTER & WIGHAN RIGHARDSON LTD. Dry Docks Dept. November 6th 1915. “. Contains a key that opens and closes perfectly. The origin of Walker & Hall started in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker dedicating himself to electroplating. In 1853 Henry Hall joined the business and the company became Walker & Hall. The factory was on Howard Street, Sheffield and the showroom was opened at 45 Holborn Viaduct, London; expanding in the following years throughout the world. In 1920 it became a limited liability company (ltd), and in 1963 they merged with British Silverware Ltd.