Showing the single result
Picnic basked spectacular S. XIX, manufactured by “DREW & SONS”.
Picnic basked spectacular manufactured by “DREW & SONS” from the late 19th century. Constains two lids, upper and front opening, the upper with a painted inscription “S.Y. ALBION” and lined inside by engraved cardboard and contains an ivory sheet engraved with the manufacturer’s signature, the lower one lined with silver plate with the manufacturer’s signature. Wicker handle with and two leather straps with silver kernel buckles. Functional lock signed by the manufacturer (does not contain the key). It consists of four big trays, three middle trays and four small trays and twuenty three dishes makers in white enamelled sheet, twelve crystal glasses lined in wicker, four wicker lined glass bottles with silver stoppers, and four square sandwich box in white enamelled sheet and silver sheet lid with the manufacturer’s signatura, a silver sheet big box, two small box of silver sheet silver with another inner box in white enamelled sheet, three small glass jars with silver sheet caps; and a set of cutlery for twelve diners signed by the manufacturer. Drew & Sons was a company founded by Samuel Summers Drew in 1844. It was a company known for its bags, picnic baskets, trunks, and other leather goods. The company also worked with gold and silver. They worked at 33 Piccadilly Circus, London, from 1887 to 1914, when they moved into the Regent Street plant. They had premises on Leadenhall Street in London from 1888-1914 and also on Kings Road in Brighton from 1894. The Drew & Son articles were patronized by Queen Victoria, the Royal Family and many of the courts around Europe.