Call us toll free: +34 955 97 29 56
Send us an email: info@mundodorantes.com

Category: 06 - FIRMAS

Showing 1–9 of 22 results

  • Picnic basket in cowhide signed by the manufacturer “SIRRAM”.

    Picnic basket in cowhide signed by the manufacturer “SIRRAM”.

    Picnic basket in cowhide from the late nineteenth century. Includes a top cover with a handle and a front cover lined inside with silver sheet. Functional latch lock with locking key. It contains a kettle, a burner cage, a burner signed by the manufacturer “SIRRAM”, a glass milk jug with silver cap, a box for sugar and tea, a sandwich maker, a set of two enameled and glazed ceramic cups and plates with decorative motifs. The lid contains two teaspoons and a lighter.

    1.243,88 VAT included
  • Cutlery box for 12 people Walker and Hall en Sheffield 1915.

    Cutlery box for 12 people in silver signed by Walker and Hall in Sheffield 1915.

    Cutlery box for 12 people in noble wood with metal lock and drawer handle. Box and cutlery signed by “WALKER & HALL, OUTLERS & SILVERSMITHS, SHEFFIELD”. It consists of steel knives with ivorine hilt, and silver plated forks and spoons. It contains punching for identification on the back in which we can find: EP “BAÑO DE PLATA”, A “HIGH QUALITY”, W & H “WALKER & HALL”, S “SHEFFIELD”, W “1914” (year of manufacture) and the flag with W&H corresponding to the manufacturer’s shield. On the top cover there is a metal inlay with reference to a wedding gift: “Presented to Miss J.H. Faulds & Mr. C.S. Adamson. on the occasion of their MARRIAGE by the staff at SWAN HUNTER & WIGHAN RIGHARDSON LTD. Dry Docks Dept. November 6th 1915. “. Contains a key that opens and closes perfectly. The origin of Walker & Hall started in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker dedicating himself to electroplating. In 1853 Henry Hall joined the business and the company became Walker & Hall. The factory was on Howard Street, Sheffield and the showroom was opened at 45 Holborn Viaduct, London; expanding in the following years throughout the world. In 1920 it became a limited liability company (ltd), and in 1963 they merged with British Silverware Ltd.

    1.149,50 VAT included
  • Octagonal lanterns signed by RIPPON BROS, HUDDERSFIELD.

    Octagonal lanterns signed by RIPPON BROS, HUDDERSFIELD.

    Octagonal lanterns signed by RIPPON BROS, HUDDERSFIELD. Octagonal lanterns signed by RIPPON BROS, HUDDERSFIELD. with beveled crystals and brass bead, double chimney round, round red rear glass. Silver nickel plated interior.
    BRITAIN’S oldest coachbuilder was based in Huddersfield for more than 100 years. The famous Rippon Brothers built coaches for Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots. Later the company landed an exclusive manufacturing deal with Rolls-Royce. Rippon’s associations with Huddersfield date back to 1870 when William Rippon established the business in St John’s Road. Before the business came to Huddersfield, Walter Rippon is credited with having introduced the coach to England in 1555 with his first customer being the Earl of Rutland. In 1584, Rippon built a special ‘chariot throne’ for Elizabeth I and also made a coach for Mary Queen of Scots. Decendant William Rippon set up the Huddersfield business and it was later taken on by his three sons William, Joseph and George. The firm started to operate a thriving business making the transition from horse-drawn vehicles to horseless carriages. But the company’s reputation for excellence was rooted in its association with Rolls-Royce, having built its first body for what was a new make in 1906. Rippon made the bodies of nearly all the Rolls-Royce models until 1958. In 1963 Rippon Brothers received an impressive endorsement of its work when Rolls-Royce presented it with an award to commemorate the delivery of the 1,000th Rolls-Royce and Bentley. The company’s chairman and managing director from 1949 until his death in 1969 was Joseph’s son, Colonel Reginald Rippon.

    1.113,20 VAT included
  • Vintage whip for one horse from the firm “Callow & Son”.

    Vintage whip for one horse from the firm “Callow & Son”.

    Vintage whip made from holly (also known as rose bush) with leather handle and silver cap, one of its caps is engraved with initials. L = 1,58 mts. And white kangaroo leather strap with a 1.08 meters goose feather interior and braided with linen. Signed by “CALLOW & SON, PARKLANE LONDON”

    Mr. Callow was a famous equestrian whip manufacturer from Park Lane, London, who manufactured whips of the highest quality and caliber.

    Callow & Son made a whip for Princess Alexandra, wife of King Edward VII, known as an incredible Amazon. Como agradecimiento a ese látigo, Callow & Son, recibió una carta de felicitación procedente de la casa real y firmada por el almirante Sir FT Hamilon, que dice:

    Mr. Callow
    The whip has given great satisfaction and has been greatly admired. The princess was delighted, and I think she is the most beautiful I have ever seen. The proportions were fine, and the length was correct. (Palabra de cierre ilegible) FTHamilton”

    972,03 VAT included
  • Whip with silver cap signed by Callow & Son

    Whip with silver cap signed by Callow & Son

    Látigo de época para limonera, de acebo (llamado de rosal) con empuñadura en piel y casquillo plateado. L = 1,60 mts. Y tralla de piel de canguro blanca con interior de pluma de oca de 0,93 mts y trenzada con lino. Firmada por “CALLOW & SON, PARKLANE LONDON”
    Mr. Callow was a famous equestrian whip manufacturer from Park Lane, London, who manufactured whips of the highest quality and caliber.
    Callow & Son made a whip for Princess Alexandra, wife of King Edward VII, known as an incredible Amazon. Como agradecimiento a ese látigo, Callow & Son, recibió una carta de felicitación procedente de la casa real y firmada por el almirante Sir FT Hamilon, que dice:
    “Sr. Callow
    The whip has given great satisfaction and has been greatly admired. The princess was delighted, and I think she is the most beautiful I have ever seen. The proportions were fine, and the length was correct. (Closing word illegible) FTHamilton”
    Letter is attached in the photo report.

    968,00 VAT included
  • Vintage whip for trunk of the firm “Swaine & Adeney”.

    Vintage whip for trunk of the firm “Swaine & Adeney”.

    Vintage holly whip for trunk with signature from “SWAINE & ADENEY”. Vintage holly whip for trunk with leather handle and silver cap. L = 1,86 mts. and white kangaroo leather leash with 0.72 meter goose feather interior and braided with linen. Signature from “SWAINE & ADENEY, MAKERS TO THE QUEEN & PRINCE OF GALES, PICCADILLY, LONDON”
    In the year 1750, John Ross founded a whip-making business at 238 Piccadilly, London.
    James Swaine later bought this business in 1798, after being the foreman of a successful whip-making business in Holborn for some years.
    After a royal appointment with His Majesty King George III and his sons, the Prince of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of York, Clarence, Kent, Cumberland, and Cambridge, Swaine Adeney’s quality reputation increased quickly.
    The royal appointments were renewed in the reigns of His Majesty George IV and His Majesty William IV. In 1835, James Swaine moved his business to larger premises at 185 Piccadilly. The business continued to flourish and in 1845 Edward Swaine partnered with his nephew and Swaine Adeney was born.
    Many things remain the same today in many ways, the same crafts are used to mould fine leather by hand: tools, stitching and engraving of each piece in the traditional tradition.
    Swaine Adeney’s workshops in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk are (sadly) one of the last remaining UK studios in the UK to craft fine leather in this way. This is where customers can send their favourite parts in for repair, regardless of age!
    In 1851, Swaine Adeney decided to display his fine products to the world at the London Exposition held at the newly built Crystal Palace. The exhibition was the largest the world has ever seen (drawing more than six million visitors to a space four times the size of St. Peter’s in Rome).
    Swaine Adeney won several medals at the London Exposition, prompting the company to display their products at the 1900 Paris Exposition (which was followed by other medals). Swaine Adeney’s reputation was now growing globally, as the best producer of leather goods.
    The company specialized in the manufacture of the best umbrellas, canes, whips and products

    927,00 VAT included
  • GW Scott & Sons Signature Wicker Picnic Basket

    GW Scott & Sons Signature Wicker Picnic Basket

     

    Wicker picnic basket manufactured by GW Scott & Sons. Late 19th century wicker picnic basket manufactured by GW Scott & Sons. The lids are lined inside in green leather, the upper one shows the manufacturer’s signatura. Includes a leather strap for closure and a wicker top handle. It is made up of a kettle, a stove, a sandwich maker, a box of sugar and tea, a bottle foralcohol or oil and two silver tea spoons. GW Scott and Sons was a manufacturer of luxury basketry and leather goods founded in 1661 in the city of London, England, in the United Kingdom. The company stopped production in 1967. GW Scott and Sons opened their first store in London, England in 1661. They were forced to relocate their company due to fire damage during the Great Fire of London. They moved first to Old Compton Street and then to Charing Cross Road in the central part of the city. The company is probably best known for developing the modern shape of the picnic basket, which was unveiled in 1851 at the “Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations” held at the Crystal Palace in Hyde Park, London. The first of many world fair exhibitions during the Victorian era. They also achieved some international fame when GW Scott and Sons created 30-foot-tall sculptures that decorated the mall’s parade route for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II in addition to making the cribs used by the monarchy. A part from making special items for the British Royal Family and their residences (including silver baskets for Buckingham Palace), the company was also contracted by the government during World War II to make trunks and furniture for the army and double obstacles for parachutes dropped by the Royal Air Force Airborne Division.

    760,57 VAT included
  • Parasol covered in beige cotton muslin with the manufacturer’s signature SWAINE & ADENEY

    Parasol covered in beige cotton muslin with the manufacturer’s signature SWAINE & ADENEY

    Parasol covered in beige cotton muslin, with fringes on the edge of its perimeter and on the tip. Inside beige silk lining. Ivory cap with a tassel. Eight metal rods topped with ivory spheres. Stem divided into two pieces, one of noble wood lacquered in white with the manufacturer’s signature “SWAINE & ADENEY. MAKERS TO THE QUEEN & PRINCE OF WALES, PICADILLY, LONDON ”makers of the queen and prince of Wales and another in ivory carved with motifs of a trunk, these pieces are divided by an engraved and chiseled silver cap. Engraved and chiseled silver grip. There are tears in the fabric. In the year 1750, John Ross founded a Whip making business at 238 Piccadilly, London W1. James Swaine later purchased this business in 1798, having for some years been foreman of a successful whip making business in Holborn. A royal appointment to His Majesty King George III and to his sons, The Prince of Wales and the Dukes of York, Clarence, Kent, Cumberland and Cambridge quickly followed and Swaine Adeney’s reputation for quality and excellence was established. The Royal appointments were renewed in the reigns of His Majesty George IV and His Majesty William IV. In the year 1835, James Swaine moved his business to larger premises at 185 Piccadilly. The business continued to flourish and in 1845 Edward Swaine took his nephew into partnership and Swaine Adeney was born. In many ways, much remains the same today, the same artisan’s crafts are used to hand-shape the fine leather goods: tooling, stitching and engraving each piece in time-honoured tradition. The Swaine Adeney workshops in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk are (alas) one of the UK’s last studios left in the UK to craft fine leather in this way. This is where customers can send their favourite pieces for repair, however old! In 1851, Swaine Adeney decided to put its fine products on show to the world at the London Exhibition held at the newly constructed Crystal Palace. The Exhibition was the largest the world had ever seen (attracting over six million visitors to a space four times the size of St. Peter’s in Rome). Swaine Adeney won several prize medals at the London Exhibition, prompting the company to show its fine goods at the Paris Exhibition of 1900 (at which further medals followed). Swaine Adeney’s reputation was now growing on a worldwide stage, as the finest producer of leather goods. The company specialised in the manufacture of the finest umbrellas, walking sticks and hunting crops.

    580,00 VAT included
  • Silver pocket watch “ ACME LEVER, H SAMUEL, MANCHESTER”.

    Silver pocket watch “ ACME LEVER, H SAMUEL, MANCHESTER”.

    Silver pocket watch “ ACME LEVER, H SAMUEL, MANCHESTER”. Silver pocket watch “ ACME LEVER, H SAMUEL, MANCHESTER” with black cover with “ DORANTES” signatura for carriage dashboard. The watch works and contains a key to wind it. This particular watch has a fully signed Swiss winding movement that works very well. Movement is protected by a tight-fitting inner cover. The watch itself measures 50mm in diameter, excluding the stem. The case is silver and there are Swiss stamps on the inside of the back cover showing “HS” manufacturer, “n” manufactured in 1868, while the outside is punched and chiseled. In general the outer box is in good condition. The watch glass is in good condition. The signed dial is in good condition. In 1862, when Harriet Samuel took over her father-in-law’s watchmaking business in Liverpool, she renamed the business H Samuel and moved it to Manchester’s Market Street, where she ran the business as a mail order business. Later, Harriet’s son concentrated on the retail sector of the business and the first H Samuel retail store opened in Preston in 1890, closely followed by branches in Rochdale and throughout Lancashire. Since then the company has grown across the country with branches on many British High Streets today.

     

    508,20 VAT included