Showing 1–9 of 19 results
Trumpet and bag set 112 cm signed by “KÖHLER & SON”
Trumpet and bag set. 112 cm long copper and nickel silver trumpet, signed by the manufacturer: “KÖHLER & SON”. The cover is made of honey-colored cowhide, with hoses to place in a carriage.
Trumpet and Moirano bag set. 98 cm long copper and brass trumpet. The cover is made of hazelnut-colored cowhide, 112 cm long with hoses to place in a carriage.
Trumpet “KÖHLER & SON MAKERS” in copper and silver (72 cm)
Copper trumpet signed by “KÖLER & SON MAKERS” from 1851, length 72cm. Kohler & Son established around 1780 and by 1790 they had their headquarters in Whitcomb Street, London. By 1835, they were manufacturers and contractors of all military instruments for the War Office, the British Army, the Navy and the Indian office. In 1851, John Kohler (born 1804 Middlesex) made musical instruments and lived at 35 Henrietta Street with his wife Elizabeth, four children, and two servants. 10 years later, he was employing 6 men and 4 boys at the same address, but he lived next door, at number 33 with two more boys. They made for other specialty vendors, including Harper’s slide trumpets and McFarland’s horns, and won awards for their brass instruments. They moved from 35 Henrietta Street, Convent Garden to 116 Victoria Street, Westminster around 1881. In 1899 they also had offices around the corner at 12A Gt Chapel Street London. Then in 1902 to 167 Edbury Street, Eaton Square and in 1914 they had moved to 183-5 Piccadilly. During the heyday of the banjo they imported what appear to be Buckbee instruments marked “hero’s trademark”, but they certainly had the skills to make their own.
Trompeta de latón y alpaca, extensible, firmada por “ARMY & NAVY. C.S.L.
The Army and Navy Cooperative Society Ltd. was established on September 15, 1871 and consisted of a group of officers from the army and navy. The objective of the cooperative was to supply goods to its members at the lowest remunerative rates, and it was based on two previous models: the Civil Service
Supply Associationand the Civil Service Cooperative Society. The society rented part of a distillery premises on Victoria Street, London, which was owned by Vickers & Co, and in February 1872 a grocery store was opened on this place. By 1873, the store offered stationery, curtains, luxury goods, tailoring, groceries, a pharmacy, and even a weapons department. The store was too small for the growing business so the founding members rented a house next to their existing warehouse and purchased one more warehouse on Johnson Place.
Brass and nickel silver trumpet signed by Virtuosi, England.
Brass and nickel silver trumpet signed by “Virtuosi, England”, 72cm long.
Copper trumpet with brass mouthpiece signed by “HAWKES & SON, LONDON”
Copper trumpet with brass mouthpiece signed by “HAWKES & SON, LONDON” and with signature of the mouthpiece model “HAWKES 2 MODEL”, length 125 cm.
Hawkes & Son was founded in 1865 by William Henry Hawkes selling orchestral scores. The company also made musical instruments and replacement parts, such as clarinet reeds, and by 1925 Hawkes had established an instrument factory in Edgware, north London. The business, which was particularly known for brass and military band music, was eventually inherited by Ralph Hawkes (1898-1950).
Copper trumpet L = 126 cm.
Copper trumpet L = 126 cm. with brass nozzle.
Trumpet 97 cm. Brass trumpet mouthpiece in nickel silver, 97 cm long.
Copper trumpet with string L=85 cm
Copper trumpet 85cm long.