Showing 1–9 of 16 results
Wicker picnic basket manufactured by THE CONTINENTAL.
Late 19th century wicker picnic basket manufactured by THE CONTINENTAL with the registration number. the lids are lined inside, one with leather and the other with copper plate with the manufacturer’s signature. includes leather straps for closure with a handle. The four-person basket is made up of four knives and four spoons, a kettle, a stove, two sandwich makers, a sugar and tea box, a bottle of alcohol or oil, a wicker-lined glass bottle and four white enameled plates and cups with gold and burgundy decoration. The accessories are made of copper with brass knobs and plugs.
Picnic basked manufactured by “DREW & SONS”.
Picnic basked manufactured by “DREW & SONS”. Picnic basked manufactured by “DREW & SONS” from the late 19th century. Constains two lids, upper and front opening, the upper one lined inside by engraved cardboard and contains an ivory sheet engraved with the manufacturer’s signature, the lower one lined with silver plate with the manufacturer’s signature. Leather handle with worn silver brass fittings. Functional lock signed by the manufacturer (does not contain the key). It consists of three trays, two glasses and two sandwich makers in white enamelled sheet with gold bevel, an oval box in white enamelled sheet with gold bevel and silver sheet lid with the manufacturer’s signatura. Two small glass jars with silver sheet caps, two glass bottles (one without the lid). Set of three knives and three forks signed by the manufacturer. Drew & Sons was a company founded by Samuel Summers Drew in 1844. It was a company known for its bags, picnic baskets, trunks, and other leather goods. The company also worked with gold and silver. They worked at 33 Piccadilly Circus, London, from 1887 to 1914, when they moved into the Regent Street plant. They had premises on Leadenhall Street in London from 1888-1914 and also on Kings Road in Brighton from 1894. The Drew & Son articles were patronized by Queen Victoria, the Royal Family and many of the courts around Europe.
Picnic basket in cowhide signed by the manufacturer “SIRRAM”.
Picnic basket in cowhide from the late nineteenth century. Includes a top cover with a handle and a front cover lined inside with silver sheet. Functional latch lock with locking key. It contains a kettle, a burner cage, a burner signed by the manufacturer “SIRRAM”, a glass milk jug with silver cap, a box for sugar and tea, a sandwich maker, a set of two enameled and glazed ceramic cups and plates with decorative motifs. The lid contains two teaspoons and a lighter.
PicKnicK basked manufactured by “CORACLE”.
Picknick basket for two people in wicker from the late nineteenth century and manufactured by CORACLE. The lids are lined inside in honey-colored leather. It includes a wicker-lined toothpick for closing and a wicker handle. It is made up of silver cutlery sets for two people, the knives with ivory handles, a small spoon for sugar, two plates of white enamelled plate with a gold edge and two others for ceramic tea, two ceramic tea cups, sugar bowl and ceramic salt shaker (the salt shaker includes a wicker support to prevent tipping), stove, copper kettle with wicker handle, metal bottle of alcohol or petroleum, sandwich maker with white enamelled ceramic base and metal lid, metal box for the tea or coffee, two glasses lined in wicker and two glass bottles lined in wicker.
Picnic basket signed by GARRISON
Picnic basket in bone-coloured, lacquered sheet metal from the end of the 19th century manufactured by GARRISON. The lid is lined inside in leather. Contains two signed silver spoons and two white ceramic plates with gold rim, two signed sandwich makers, a burner, a signed teapot, two tin cans, an alcohol bottle with a cork lid, all in silver plate, two English ceramic mugs with gold decoration and a glass bottle lined with wicker. Includes leather side handles and canvas cover.
Wicker picnic basket for four people.
Late 19th century wicker picnic basket for four people. The lids are lined inside in green leather, includes a leather strap for closure. It is made up of four spoons, a box of matches, a kettle, a stove, a sandwich maker, two silver jars and four ceramic cups and four plates.
Wicker picnic basket manufactured by “CORACLE” and “FORTNUM & MASON LTD”
Late 19th century wicker picnic basket manufactured by “CORACLE” and “FORTNUM & MASON LTD”. Lined inside with engraved red cardboard. Includes leather straps for its closure with silver kernel buckles. Contains cutlery for four people consisting of knives, forks and dessert spoons all signed by the manufacturer, four large and three small plates, four coffee cups, two glasses, a sugar bowl, a glass milk jug, two sandwich makers and a thermos signed by the brand “THERMOS”.
Late 19th century wicker picnic basket for four people.
Late 19th century wicker picnic basket for four people, the top cover contains the cutlery (knives signed by MACERO SOLINGEN), the plates and the opener. The interior contains two thermos, two silver-plated sandwich makers, four aluminum glasses, an aluminum jar for salt and sugar, and two ceramic jars with a leather hose closure. Front and side wicker handle.
Picnic basket in cowhide signed by “Barrett & Sons”.
Picnic basket in cowhide signed by “Barrett & Sons” from the late 19th century. Lock by strap and silver buckle. It is made up of a kettle, burner cage, burner, boxes for water, tea, sugar, cookies, a glass jar and a box of matches. The lid contains two teaspoons.
Andrew Barrett was born in Ireland in 1819 but had set up in business in London as a brush and comb maker by 1846 at 118 Piccadilly. By 1852 he had moved to 86A Edgware Road. By 1865 he is also listed as a sponge importer and his premises have greatly increased to include 53 Albermarle St, 63 & 64 Piccadilly, 186 Oxford St and 29 St. Georges Pl. as well as his Edgware Road address. By 1880 he had moved from Edgware Road, and Oxford Street which was occupied by Charles Usher who described himself as late Andrew Barrett and conducted a similar business. Usher was likely an employee who set up on his own when the premises became available. Barrett kept the Piccadilly and Albermarle addresses and infact had added premises at 157 – 158 Piccadilly by 1894. By 1899 his sons had joined the business and they had expanded to 52 & 53 Albermarle St. and 372 Oxford St whilst retaining their Piccadilly addresses. With the exception of Oxford Street, they still had these addresses in 1912. Although Barretts started off, and are primarily listed in the trade directories as Brush Manufacturers, the company expanded and diversified to include trunk making and selling a range of travel equipment. They are know to have retailed silver items made by Henry Cooper & Sons of Birmingham.